We’re looking for member pioneers to join us, in communities across the country. In this unique role you’ll be focused on bringing people together to make a difference in your community. That means talking to our members, colleagues and community groups we support. By building relationships with and connecting these people you’ll be the catalyst for new ideas, initiatives and projects.
We plan to have a member pioneer dedicated to each of our communities and you’ll be a part of this ambitious plan for a better future. Everything you do will contribute to our community plan, making sure we make the biggest impact possible across the UK by increasing community cooperation. It’s an opportunity to make a visible difference where you live!
What you’ll do:
• develop an action plan to improve your community, which is focussed around the pillars of our community plan; health and wellbeing, endangered spaces and education and skills
• establish and run a local community forum, or make connections with one that already exists
• build a strong network locally using social media effectively, to help
• understand your community needs, keeping your ear to the ground
• be aware of events in your community which you could partner with to support your ambitious plans
• prioritize your time, making your hours count and focusing on opportunities to make the biggest difference.
This role would suit someone who:
• has lots of enthusiasm with the ability to get things moving
• can inspire and motivate people through their communication style
• loves working with and connecting people
• can prioritise their time and remain focussed on a long term goal
• is confident using social media
• has good basic IT skills (ideally with experience using collaborative tools like the Google suite or Skype)
• is both committed and dedi